HomeUnitsPass and Registration


Whether visiting for work, friends or family, the 35th Security Forces Squadron Pass and registration, in building 653 room 131, should be the first stop for those needing access to the base. Handling everything from visitor’s passes, restricted area badges, and vehicle, the Airmen and Civilian working at Pass and Registration office want to be of service. To save time and unnecessary trips, this page is dedicated to outlining all the appropriate paperwork needed for different types of passes, badges and permits.


Processing requests for base access is one of our top priorities. Ensuring these get completed in a timely manner and submitting your requests to us on time will prevent any delays in the completion of this process.  For SOFA members who have family members visiting please choose one of the following forms below that fits the needs of your visitors. Lastly, it is important to note that PACAF has a designated country listing which prohibits individuals from specific countries from entering the installation. If you have a visitor from one of these countries your request will require 35 FW/CC approval. A copy of this listing will be provided in the section below.



Citizens from the following restricted countries must receive approval from the 35 FW/CC prior to escorted access being granted. Due to the requirements of these passes ensure you start the process at a minimum of 45 duty days prior to your visitor arriving in Misawa. Requests for Unescorted Access will not be accepted for visitors on this listing.

Afghanistan, Albania, Algeria, Armenia, Azerbaijian, Bahrain, Bangladesh, Belarus, Bolivia, Bosnia, China, Cuba, Djibouti, Egypt, Georgia, Hong Kong, India, Indonesia, Iran, Iraq, Israel, Jordan, Kazakhstan, Kuwait, Kyrgyzstan, Lebanon, Libya, Macau, Malaysia, Myanmar, Moldova, Morocco, Nigeria, North Korea, Oman, Pakistan, Palestinian Authority, Qatar, Russia, Rwanda, Saudi Arabia, Singapore, Somalia, South Africa, Sudan, Syria, Taiwan (ROC), Tajikistan, Tunisia, Ukraine, United Arab Emirates, Uzbekistan, Venezuela, Vietnam, Yemen

To receive the TCN Application, please email or call 226-3995.


EAL’s can be used for multiple occasions such as sporting events, youth programs, and several other business, community related, and cultural events. PACAF has a designated country listing which prohibits individuals from specific countries from enter the installation. If you have a visitor from one of these countries your request will require 35 FW/CC approval. A copy of this listing will be provided in the section below.

  • Each visitor over the age of 18 must provide a valid photo ID (Driver’s license, Passport, etc.)
  • If a resident of Japan, they need their passport and resident card
  • If a minor (under the age of 18), parental permission is required
  • Escort ratio of 10 visitors to 1 Escort will be enforced unless a waiver is approved by the 35 FW/CC.  Please ensure you have enough escorts for the number of your visitors.



A Status of Forces Agreement (SOFA) Permit stands as a contract of sorts between the Government of Japan and the United States allowing licensed military members, DoD civilians and their families to drive while stationed in Japan. Misawa Community Center provides the required courses for both currently licensed drivers and family members that may not have a stateside license or SOFA Permit yet. For more information on the initial licensing requirements, please visit Pass and Registration in Building 653 Room 131 . For all other SOFA related inquiries, review the below links.

  • Provide a memorandum from unit’s First Sergeant (supervisor if civilian/contractor) stating the license was lost, stolen, or revoked
  • Motorcycle endorsement letter (ORA from 35 FW/Safety) required if getting a motorcycle permit
  • Orders/LOE stating your DEROS (We DO NOT use the date on your common access card)
  • Valid state side Driver’s License/Certificate from Schilling Center (MUST BE ON PERSON AT ALL TIMES WHEN DRIVING)
  • Receipt from drivers class at the Misawa AB Community Center
  • Sponsors orders/LOE
  • Dependent ID
  • Once class is passed, bring certificate along with the above documents to receive On Base Learners Permit
  • Student must be present    
  • Valid state side Driver’s license/Certificate (MUST BE ON PERSON AT ALL TIMES WHEN DRIVING)
  • Orders for Military Members / Dependents
  • Letter of Employment for Civilians (We DO NOT use the date on your CAC)   
  • Military/Dependent/Contractor Identification (Base ID)
  • Motorcycle endorsement letter (ORA from 35 FW/Safety) required if getting motorcycle permit   


There are several types of Restricted Area Badges (RABs). Each badge is tied to an individual person and is required when entering certain areas within buildings, the flight line or munitions storage areas. For information and forms, check the below links and select the option best suited for you.

  • CAC
  • Hand carried AF Form 2586, also must be signed.
  • Individuals will need to fill out AF Form 1168 (Statement) at Security Forces Squadron BDOC
  • Unit Security Manager and individual must fill out a "Lost Restricted Area Badge" Memorandum for lost or stolen badges
  • Hand carried new and old AF Form 2586
  • If a missing RAB is found, turn in to Security Force Squadron BDOC
  • New & Old AF Form 2586 hand carried
  • Mutilated/Old RAB
  • CAC
  • Hand carried newly signed AF Form 2586.
  • Hand carried old AF Form 2586 for your old RAB
  • Old RAB
  • 3 duty days prior to final out
  • Hand carried signed AF Form 2586 or Lost AF Form 2586 Memo
  • RAB in hand


Driver's License

Driver's License Training Course, USFJ Form 4EJ (Tuesday):

The Drivers' License Training Course is held every Tuesday at 0900, BLDG 653, room 219. You must attend this course to be able to drive on and off Misawa AB. Bring a copy of your orders and your valid stateside driver's license to the course. Contact the Pass & Registration office at DSN: 315-226-3995.

Misawa Air Base Online Drivers Course Joint Knowledge Online (JKO)

In residence 4EJ courses will continue however, we encourage members to use the online service as much as possible.
Military Members, Dependents, Civilians on SOFA Status can take the training online up to 60 days prior to arriving at Misawa.
Members who have a CAC Card can login to the JKO Website via their ID Card. Spouses/Dependents will need to register an account on the website. After the account is created the steps to finding the course are the same.
Upon completion of the course members will print out the Certificate and report to Pass & Registration for 4EJ Issue.
How to log into the course (PDF)


Bldg. 653 Rm. 131 Misawa AB Pass and Registration Office

DSN: 226-3995

Please direct all pass requests to out organization email:


Monday- Friday 0900- 1630

Closed all Federal Holidays and most Family Days. Please call to verify availability on Family Days.


Road Tax Form