PASS AND REGISTRATION
Whether visiting for work, friends or family, the 35th Security Forces Squadron Pass and registration, in building 653 room 131, should be the first stop for those needing access to the base. Handling everything from visitor’s passes, restricted area badges, and vehicle, the Airmen and Civilian working at Pass and Registration office want to be of service. To save time and unnecessary trips, this page is dedicated to outlining all the appropriate paperwork needed for different types of passes, badges and permits.
Processing requests for base access is one of our top priorities. Ensuring these get completed in a timely manner and submitting your requests to us on time will prevent any delays in the completion of this process. For SOFA members who have family members visiting please choose one of the following forms below that fits the needs of your visitors. Lastly, it is important to note that PACAF has a designated country listing which prohibits individuals from specific countries from entering the installation. If you have a visitor from one of these countries your request will require 35 FW/CC approval. A copy of this listing will be provided in the section below.
- Valid copy of each visitors Passport
- Proof of Health Insurance- Sponsor needs valid DOD ID/DBIDS pass with escort authority
- Sponsor needs valid DOD ID/DBIDS pass with escort authority
- Visitor needs passport with valid port of entry stamp if they are not a Japanese citizen
- If a Japanese citizen over the age of 18, they need a photo ID with an identifying number
- If a resident of Japan, they need their passport and resident card
- If a minor (under the age of 18), parental permission is required
- Completed memorandum template submitted to 35 SFS/S5 Pass and Registration with copies of photo ID
- VISITOR PASS REQUEST
- Please allow 7-10 duty days for processing
– VISITOR PASS REQUEST 30 DAYS OR LESS TEMPLATE
- Please allow 7 - 10 duty days for processing
– VISITOR PASS REQUEST 90 DAYS OR LESS TEMPLATE
- Please allow 30 duty days for processing
– VISITOR PASS REQUEST 90- 180 DAYS TEMPLATE
- Please allow 30 duty days for Processing
Citizens from the following restricted countries must receive approval from the 35 FW/CC prior to escorted access being granted. Due to the requirements of these passes ensure you start the process at a minimum of 45 duty days prior to your visitor arriving in Misawa. Requests for Unescorted Access will not be accepted for visitors on this listing.
Afghanistan, Albania, Algeria, Armenia, Azerbaijian, Bahrain, Bangladesh, Belarus, Bolivia, Bosnia, China, Cuba, Djibouti, Egypt, Georgia, Hong Kong, India, Indonesia, Iran, Iraq, Israel, Jordan, Kazakhstan, Kuwait, Kyrgyzstan, Lebanon, Libya, Macau, Malaysia, Myanmar, Moldova, Morocco, Nigeria, North Korea, Oman, Pakistan, Palestinian Authority, Qatar, Russia, Rwanda, Saudi Arabia, Singapore, Somalia, South Africa, Sudan, Syria, Taiwan (ROC), Tajikistan, Tunisia, Ukraine, United Arab Emirates, Uzbekistan, Venezuela, Vietnam, Yemen
To receive the TCN Application, please email 35SFS.S5.Pass-Registration@us.af.mil or call 226-3995.
EAL’s can be used for multiple occasions such as sporting events, youth programs, and several other business, community related, and cultural events. PACAF has a designated country listing which prohibits individuals from specific countries from enter the installation. If you have a visitor from one of these countries your request will require 35 FW/CC approval. A copy of this listing will be provided in the section below.
A Status of Forces Agreement (SOFA) Permit stands as a contract of sorts between the Government of Japan and the United States allowing licensed military members, DoD civilians and their families to drive while stationed in Japan. Misawa Community Center provides the required courses for both currently licensed drivers and family members that may not have a stateside license or SOFA Permit yet. For more information on the initial licensing requirements, please visit Pass and Registration in Building 653 Room 131 . For all other SOFA related inquiries, review the below links.
There are several types of Restricted Area Badges (RABs). Each badge is tied to an individual person and is required when entering certain areas within buildings, the flight line or munitions storage areas. For information and forms, check the below links and select the option best suited for you.
- How Do I Transfer My Vehicle?
- How Do I Junk My Vehicle?
- Japan New IAL Slides
- Japan POV Customer Process
Bldg. 653 Rm. 131 Misawa AB Pass and Registration Office
Please direct all pass requests to out organization email:
Monday- Friday 0900- 1630
Closed all Federal Holidays and most Family Days. Please call to verify availability on Family Days.