Colonel Adam R. DiGerolamo is the Commander, 35th Maintenance Group, 35th Fighter Wing, Misawa Air Base, Japan. He is responsible for 1,100 aircraft maintenance personnel who perform maintenance on 44 F-16CM aircraft valued at $1.4 billion, an O&M budget of over $1 million, a $200 million equipment account, and the daily operations of PACAF's Centralized Engine Repair Facility that provides over 156 operational F110 engines valued at over $500 million to three fighter wings in PACAF.
Colonel DiGerolamo entered the Air Force in 1995 as an Electrical and Environmental Specialist on F-16C/D Fighter Aircraft at Luke Air Force Base, AZ, and was commissioned in 1999 through the Air Force’s Officer Training School, Maxwell AFB, AL. Colonel DiGerolamo is an experienced Aircraft Maintenance Officer who has served in various positions, to include Flight Commander, Aircraft Maintenance Unit Officer-In-Charge, Logistics Career Broadener, Maintenance Operations Officer, Squadron Commander, Deputy Group Commander, and Division Chief. Colonel DiGerolamo has commanded three times at the Squadron level prior to serving in multiple Staff positions at the MAJCOM and Air Staff levels. Additionally, he has deployed and served overseas on multiple occasions at various levels throughout his career. Colonel DiGerolamo is certified as a Level 2 Life Cycle Acquisition Logistician and is a graduate of the Air Officer Commanding Masters’ Program (USAFA) through the University of Colorado at Colorado Springs. He has also garnered a Master of Aeronautical Science through Embry-Riddle Aeronautical University.
Prior to serving as the 35th Maintenance Group Commander, Colonel DiGerolamo was the Combat Aircraft Division Chief, Headquarters Air Force Global Strike Command, Barksdale Air Force Base, Louisiana. He is married to the former Kristina K. Muench & has three children, (Trevor-23, Caden & Ethan-20).
1994 Bachelor of Arts in Education, Southeastern Louisiana University, Hammond, LA
1999 Officer Training School, Maxwell Air Force Base, AL
2001 Master of Aeronautical Science, Embry-Riddle Aeronautical University, (Extended Studies), Tampa, FL
2003 Squadron Officer School, Maxwell Air Force Base, AL
2007 Life Cycle Logistics/Acquisition & Program Management Level I (2006) & II (2007) Certification
2009 Air Command and Staff College (Correspondence)
2011 Master of Arts, Counseling and Leadership, University of Colorado at Colorado Springs, CO
2014 Air War College (Correspondence)
1. Apr 99 – Jan 00, Sortie Support Flight Commander, MacDill AFB, FL
2. Jun 99 – Sep 99, Aircraft Maintenance Officer Course, Sheppard AFB, TX
3. Feb 00 – Mar 02, CINC Support Flight Commander and Executive Officer to the Commander, 6th Logistics Group, MacDill AFB, FL
4. Mar 02 – Feb 04, Silver Assistant and Red Aircraft Maintenance Unit Officer-in-Charge, McChord AFB, WA
5. Feb 04 – Jan 05, Maintenance Operations Flight Commander, McChord AFB, WA
6. Jan 05 – Jul 05, 62d Air Mobility Wing Chief of Protocol, McChord AFB, WA
7. Jul 05 – Jul 07, Logistics Career Broadening Officer, Oklahoma City Air Logistics Center, Tinker AFB, OK
8. Jul 07 – May 10, Aircraft Maintenance Flight Commander and Aircraft Maintenance Squadron Operations Officer, 353d Special Operations Group, Kadena AB, Japan
9. Dec 09 – Apr 10, Commander, 1st Expeditionary Special Operations Maintenance Squadron-AG and Logistics Director, (A4), Combined-Joint Special Operations Air Detachment, (Location data masked)
10. May 10 - May 11, Student, AFIT IDE, Air Officer Commanding Masters Program, USAFA, CO
11. May 11 – Jul 13, Air Officer Commanding, Cadet Squadron Twenty-Five, USAFA, CO
12. Jul 13 – Jun 15, Commander, 437th Aircraft Maintenance Squadron, 437th Maintenance Group, Joint Base Charleston, SC.
13. Jun 15 – Jun 16, Commander, 379th Expeditionary Aircraft Maintenance Squadron, 379th Expeditionary Maintenance Group, 379th Air Expeditionary Wing, Al Udeid AB, Qatar.
14. Jul 16 – Jun 19, Chief, Maintenance Officer Education & Training & 21A Force Development; Chief, C2 ISR, Bomber Trainer Branch; Chief Advanced Concepts Branch, Directorate of Logistics, DCS/Logistics, Engineering & Force Protection (HAF), Pentagon, Washington, D.C.
15. Jun 19 – Jul 20, Deputy Commander, 9th Maintenance Group, Beale AFB, CA.
16. Aug 20 – Jun 21, Chief, Combat Aircraft Division, HQ AFGSC, Barksdale AFB, LA
17. Jun 21 – Present, Commander, 35th Maintenance Group, Misawa AB, Japan
MAJOR AWARDS AND DECORATIONS
Meritorious Service Medal with eight oak leaf clusters Joint Commendation Medal
Air Force Commendation Medal with one oak leaf cluster Air Force Achievement Medal
Air Force Meritorious Unit Award with two oak leaf clusters
Air Force Outstanding Unit Award with Valor and four oak leaf clusters
Air Force Organizational Excellence Award
Afghanistan Campaign Medal with Bronze Star Global War on Terrorism
Service Medal Korean Defense Service Medal
Air Force Expeditionary Service Medal with gold border and oak leaf cluster
2009 Special Operations Command, Lt Gen Leo Marquez Trophy Winner, Aircraft Maintenance Field Grade Manager
2014 Air Mobility Command Maintenance Effectiveness Award (Medium Unit Category)
2015 United States Air Force, Lt Gen Leo Marquez Trophy Winner, Aircraft Maintenance Field Grade Manager
2019 16th Air Force, Clements McMullen Memorial Daedalian Weapon System Maintenance Trophy, (9th Maintenance Group, 9th Reconnaissance Wing)
EFFECTIVE DATES OF PROMOTION
Second Lieutenant 9 Apr 1999
First Lieutenant 9 Apr 2001
Captain 9 Apr 2003
Major 1 Oct 2008
Lieutenant Colonel 1 Mar 2014
Colonel 1 May 2020